Thursday, October 30, 2008

3 Short Items

To Precede a Much Longer Entry, Long in the Works

1. I don't know if anyone has tried to call us, but the Vihar has new phone numbers:

011-91-997-399-4286 or 011-91-631-320-2037

2. Would you like anything from India that I can bring you? I wanted to put it out there--don't hestiate to ask.

3. Can I ask something of all of you friends and family out there? Could you send me mail? And pictures of yourselves with your mail? I think I speak for all the WesKids when I say that getting mail here is like waking up on Christmas morning, or rather, waking up from the delusion of samsara to unsurpassable, true, complete enlightenment. Or something more wonderful than is imaginable. Our friend Claire sent the four of us a package with fall leaves and the Wesleyan Argus and it made our collective day. Speaking for myself, nothing is more comforting than seeing your handwriting, your return addresses, knowing I'm receiving something that has passed from your hands to mine. Many things are wonderful here, but few are comfortable. My request is for comfort sent through snail mail! Mail sent anytime before December 7 should reach us. Thank you!

3 comments:

mama said...

Hey Aine, Great to see your post. Please post the address for all those who don't have it....Happy Halloween! Miss you my sweet girl! love mama

noa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
áine said...

Olivia, Alex, Noa, or Aine
c/o Burmese Vihar
Bodh Gaya, Bihar
824231
INDIA