Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today

My mom commented that my poetry seemed a bit delirious. I forgot to mention, I wrote those when I was in bed with a 103 degree fever. The doctor here called it an "infection in the gut," Robert (our program director) called it probably bacterial dysentery. But that's done with.

I'm going to the Dharamsala area for my independent study period, in less than two weeks. I think I'll be looking into the conversation regarding nonviolence as a political and/or spiritual-political method in the struggle for Tibetan autonomy/independence, among the Tibetan community-in-exile in Mcleod Ganj. What are the different voices in dialogue, how do they relate to non-violence (what are the ways in which it is essential, or wise, or frustrating but necessary, or useless)? What are the respective priorities and goals of these voices? How do they relate to and see each other?

So, the polls are open. Good morning.
I'm sending love to the USA express post straight through the ground. So much. And if reading foreign newspapers is any indication, there's a lot coming from every angle.

(Go ahead--push your luck. Find out how much love the world can hold.)

Let's let our prayers for good merge with those of all the doctors who would prescribe a different medicine than us, too, okay?

No comments: